Questions about the world of GMAT Math from other sources and general math related questions.
Dillonfriedman
Course Students

Advice

by Dillonfriedman Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:10 pm

I am taking the exam on Saturday 3/19 and got a 42Q/42V (which is a 690 overall) on my most recent GMAT Prep. Verbal is obviously fine but I need some guidance on how I ought to ratchet up my quant score in preparation for Friday. I've been drilling math since my course ended but I just can't seem to get my score where I'd like, which is to say 75th percentile or above (ideally 80th but I am a realist). Any advice you kind folks have to give would be much appreciated.
tim
Course Students

Re: Advice

by tim Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:22 pm

your best bet at this point is to figure out what is causing you to miss math problems. you haven't mentioned anything about that in your post, and i know that sounds like a stock answer, but knowing what is holding you back is going to be key to making improvements. for instance, are you failing to recognize problem types? are you unable to decide on an appropriate strategy? is it taking too long to execute the strategy you know you should use? feel free to post again with some more specific questions once you've taken a look at your performance, but keep in mind sometimes it takes a few days for someone on the forums to respond..
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html