Questions about the world of GMAT Math from other sources and general math related questions.
shoumik
Students

Concept Behind MGMAT Chapter 6

by shoumik Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Hey guys,

I was trying to solve the DS questions in MGMAT 4th edition, guide 2, chapter 6 (page 89) and I was struggling to set up an equation for #77 in OG 12. I have gone through the book but it seems like, this guide did not cover on how to tackle such questions and writing equations for stmt 1 of #77....do you guys have any other source that could help me solve problems like this?
Willy
Course Students

Re: Concept Behind MGMAT Chapter 6

by Willy Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:22 am

shoumik Wrote:Hey guys,

I was trying to solve the DS questions in MGMAT 4th edition, guide 2, chapter 6 (page 89) and I was struggling to set up an equation for #77 in OG 12. I have gone through the book but it seems like, this guide did not cover on how to tackle such questions and writing equations for stmt 1 of #77....do you guys have any other source that could help me solve problems like this?

My suggestion will be to write down after reading the statements in the mathematical format. Just read one sentence at a time and write down into mathematical format. You will find it easy after solving few examples.
jnelson0612
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Concept Behind MGMAT Chapter 6

by jnelson0612 Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:09 pm

shoumik, this is algebraic translation and is covered in the first chapter of our Strategy Guide #4, Word Translations. Good luck!
Jamie Nelson
ManhattanGMAT Instructor