Questions about the world of GMAT Math from other sources and general math related questions.
ebel.michael.l
Course Students

General Study Tactic Question

by ebel.michael.l Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:24 am

Hi, I am new the forums and just have a quick question. I am two weeks out from test date and have went through all of the strategy guides and have done every problem in both guides and have created a large excell spreadsheet keeping track of problems that I continue to get wrong. Most the problems I continually get wrong are now in the high 100s and low 200s and are too difficult to combine into 2 minute drills. My time management is poor - which I think is why my CAT scores are only placing me at quant in the 40's. My question is what is the best tactic for selecting questions to do timed drills. I don't want to be inefficient and choose problems for sets that I have already gotten right in the past, but I also don't want to create sets of absurdly difficult problems which are not very representative of an actual GMAT set. I'm a self study guy, so this is probably a pretty basic question that they would answer in the class, but any information/tactics that anyone would like to recommend would be really helpful

Thanks!
RonPurewal
Students

Re: General Study Tactic Question

by RonPurewal Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi,
General study questions should be posted in the General GMAT Strategy folder (= first folder listed on the forum home page). This folder is for queries about specific math problems.

(By the way, the highest score on either the quant or the verbal section is 51, so "only in the 40's" might be awfully close to that already.)

Thanks.