Questions about the world of GMAT Math from other sources and general math related questions.
goelmohit2002
Students

GMAT Geometry questions

by goelmohit2002 Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:50 am

(Posting in both Maths and general strategy thread)

Hi All,

I take a long time in solving geometry questions specially tricky DS ones....guess I do not have much practice in that area....can someone please tell is there a collection of good GMAT related geometry problems (especially tough ones) that can hone up my skills for GMAT preparation ?
RonPurewal
Students

Re: GMAT Geometry questions

by RonPurewal Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:42 am

goelmohit2002 Wrote:(Posting in both Maths and general strategy thread)

Hi All,

I take a long time in solving geometry questions specially tricky DS ones....guess I do not have much practice in that area....can someone please tell is there a collection of good GMAT related geometry problems (especially tough ones) that can hone up my skills for GMAT preparation ?

this is a tough one. data sufficiency is a very specialized discipline, so you pretty much won't find satisfactory questions outside the sources that are directly related to the gmat. (by contrast, decent multiple-choice questions about geometry aren't that hard to find; you can tap the resources of the high-school standardized tests for those, too.)

have you already exhausted the resources that are available?
gmatprep (including the questions that are posted on this forum)?
og's?
mgmat?
other reputable companies (kaplan and princeton review)?

i would stay away from random collections of problems on the internet, unless you have quite literally exhausted EVERYTHING else available to you.