Questions about the world of GMAT Math from other sources and general math related questions.
jenniferfeng621
Students

More GMAT Math problems but separated by type?

by jenniferfeng621 Thu May 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Hello!

I have purchased all of the Manhattan GMAT books and the tricks are all very helpful. However, I'm having a hard time retaining information when I move on to the next section. For example, after Fractions, Percent and Decimals, I move to Geometry and when I get back, I forgot all the FPD tricks!!! I've decided to focus on a problem type a day so that I don't get mixed up.

Is there any websites or on your student forum where quantitative questions are separated by their types? I know that behind each Manhattan GMAT book, it lists out all the questions for us but I need more than them! I'm the type who needs more repetitions I guess... So I'd like to download or buy math questions online where they are separated by problem types. That way, when I finish my study on the section, I can really drill the tricks and concept in. I really hope there's something like this out there!

Thanks for your help!
jnelson0612
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: More GMAT Math problems but separated by type?

by jnelson0612 Thu May 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi Jennifer,
I am not aware of anything like this, but I have sent your message to the other instructors here in the forum; I'm sure that if someone else has some knowledge about this he or she will reply. Thanks!
Jamie Nelson
ManhattanGMAT Instructor
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: More GMAT Math problems but separated by type?

by StaceyKoprince Tue May 24, 2011 9:35 pm

In terms of OG-format questions, the resources aren't typically organized in this way for a very important reason: on the real test, the questions are all mixed together, and it's harder to take a test that way than to know, for example, that the next 5 questions are all going to be FDPs.

If you are talking about wanting to drill the fundamental skills, though, as opposed to drilling a bunch of full-on OG problems, then I'd suggest our Foundations of Math book. It's got tons of drills on the fundamental skills themselves. (Or you can go and browse in your local library or bookstore for a similar math book that drills you on the skills and calculations.)
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep