Questions about the world of GMAT Math from other sources and general math related questions.
erik.t.shea
Course Students

Need to improve quant score second time around

by erik.t.shea Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:34 pm

Last Thursday I took my first crack at the GMAT and ended up with a 690 (41 verbal - 92%; 43 quant - 67%). While I'm reasonably satisfied with the overall score, I'm not very happy with my quant performance, although it was admittedly pretty consistent with my practice tests. I've already gone ahead and signed up to take the test again in 7 weeks and my focus is definitely on getting the math score up to at least the 80th percentile. Can anyone advise on how this might best be accomplished? Thanks.
jnelson0612
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Need to improve quant score second time around

by jnelson0612 Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:27 pm

erik.t.shea Wrote:Last Thursday I took my first crack at the GMAT and ended up with a 690 (41 verbal - 92%; 43 quant - 67%). While I'm reasonably satisfied with the overall score, I'm not very happy with my quant performance, although it was admittedly pretty consistent with my practice tests. I've already gone ahead and signed up to take the test again in 7 weeks and my focus is definitely on getting the math score up to at least the 80th percentile. Can anyone advise on how this might best be accomplished? Thanks.

Erik has probably already taken his test, but for anyone with similar questions the most appropriate place for them is the general forum at general-questions-f9.html

Thank you,
Jamie Nelson
ManhattanGMAT Instructor