Questions about the world of GMAT Math from other sources and general math related questions.
ellabaro
Students

Rate Problem on Practice GMAT

by ellabaro Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:02 am

If it took Carlos 1/2 hr to cycle from his house to the library yesterday was the distance that he cycled > 6 miles? (1 mile = 5280 feet)

(1) The average speed at which Carlos cycled from his house to the library yesterday was > 16 feet per second.
(2) The average speed at which Carlos cycles from his hosue to the library yesterday was < 18 feet per second.

The correct answer is E, but I chose C thinking that 17 feet per second would answer the question. Can the time be even more detailed? 17.5 feet per second? If so does that have an impact on the end result? Where was I wrong with my thinking?
jnelson0612
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Rate Problem on Practice GMAT

by jnelson0612 Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:10 am

ellabaro, is this question from a GMAT Prep test or ManhattanGMAT CAT test? Either way, we have specific forums for both of those tests, so please repost in the appropriate forum. This forum is for general math questions. Thanks!

GMAT Prep: gmat-prep-math-f30.html

ManhattanGMAT CAT: manhattan-gmat-cat-math-f32.html
Jamie Nelson
ManhattanGMAT Instructor
ellabaro
Students

by ellabaro Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:04 pm

I see a forum for the Manhattan CAT exam but not for the GMAT Prep test. Can you please provide me more direction or a link to that specific forum? Appreciate it.
tim
Course Students

by tim Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:44 pm

gmat-prep-math-f30.html

i'm locking this thread to make sure this question gets placed in the correct forum..
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html