Questions about the world of GMAT Math from other sources and general math related questions.
JWF
Course Students

Work Rate Drill Worksheet

by JWF Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Hello,

A little background: native born, NYU economics, finance work background, I was scoring 37-38 consistently in the math section before the MGMAT course. Now, I am at 43-44 Math. Verbal is my achilles heel; I either score a 25 or 35; before and after the course. With this volatility in my Verbal, I need to crush the Math section.

Anyway, here is my question:

I am going through each one of the drill sheets on MGMAT's website as extra homework. I am specifically asking about the Rates and Work Drill Sheet. As far as the other 5, I have not had an issue with solving any problems from 1-40, if I did, I was able to master it thereafter. My questions pertains to the difficulty of 31-40 on the RDS drill sheet. What level question are these? I feel they far exceed the 700+ level. 3 out of the 10 questions, I got the first time around; however, even with a thorough look at how to answer the questions, I still far exceed a 2-3 minutes time span for solving for the problems.

Hypothetically, I memorized the setup to these 10 questions in which I can answer the question in under 2 minutes. Is it even likely that I can see questions in this realm? I feel questions 20-29 are more like the higher number word problems in the OG, which are considered 700+ level.

Now that I write this, I feel my question has come to am I wasting my time? Any input of experience, I would greatly appreciate.

J
tim
Course Students

Re: Work Rate Drill Worksheet

by tim Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:45 am

As the editor of those drill sheets I can assure you that some of those questions are well above the 700 level. But yes you are wasting your time. When verbal presents itself as your weakness, the answer is not to abandon it and turn all of your attention to math. Please do what you can to improve on verbal; it sounds like your math is fine.
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html
hkparikh09
Course Students

by hkparikh09 Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:56 pm

Can someone tell me where I can find this rates and work drill sheet? I can't seem to find it on the MGMAT site.
tim
Course Students

by tim Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:26 am

Took me forever to find this too. Note that the locations of resources change sometimes on the website, so this information may become out of date at some point:

Student Center
Resources & Downloads
Course Downloads

These days they're under Class Handouts and mixed in with other downloads, so you may want to Ctrl-F on the page for "drill" so you can find them easily.
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html