Atticus Finch

trophy
Most Thankful
trophy
First Responder

Q2

by hyewonkim89 Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:15 pm

Hi,

I was down to (B) and (D) and ended up choosing (D) because I thought printing and binding books will still be included in the price the publishers pay even under the digital publishing model.

Is this correct or is there another reason why (B) is wrong?

Thanks in advance!

redcobra21
Thanks Received: 4
Elle Woods
Elle Woods

Re: Q2

by redcobra21 Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:35 pm

Hey

I had a similar question about 2. If you look at line 18, it specifically mentions wholesalers and retailers, but the answer choice only describes costs specific to the retail trade. Is it a problem that wholesalers were excluded in this answer?

vivianabro
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by vivianabro Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:32 pm

I believe answer B is wrong because "whole categories of expense" is connected to costs that are being "eliminated" (line 30). The costs paid for having books printed and bound are NOT being eliminated in the new model: ".....I believe, that most digital files of books will be printed and bound on demand at point of sale machines..." lines 6-10. Answer D, on the other hand, points to costs that are being eliminated: costs specific to the retail trade.

maryadkins
Thanks Received: 641
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by maryadkins Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:07 pm

Exactly. Good explanation.

Of the others:

(A) is not mentioned and is therefore irrelevant to this question. So is (C). (E) doesn't make sense...this would mean profit after books are returned, which is not a "whole category of expense."